After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Navigate the Twitter web & smartphone apps.
- Create a profile that will identify themselves as a member of an education community.
- Build a PLN by searching, identifying, and following relevant Twitter users.
- Save and share resources found via Twitter.
- Utilize hashtags to follow Twitter chats.
To accomplish these objectives, participants will:
- Review your profile and picture. (no eggs!)
- Follow me on Twitter: @sbrandt
- Under my "Followers" tab, follow other participants in the workshop.
- Follow at least 10 educators from this list: 100+ Educators to Follow
- Review their "Following" lists and follow at least 10 more educators.
- Use our Twitter chat "hashtag": #isd721pd
- Questions are posted with a Q1... answers with an A1. (Q2... A2), (Q3... A3), etc.
- Concept: 30-Day Challenge (find someone new to follow every day for the next 30 days)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I "unfollow" someone? >>
- Can I "block" someone from following me? >>
- Is there a way to turn off email notifications? >>
- Twitter Handbook for Teachers: PDF document
- Twitter Help Center: Twitter Basics
- 10 ways Twitter makes me a better educator: blog post
- Twitter For Teachers: infographic
- 5 Great #EdTech Twitter Chats: blog post & 2 from MN: #mnedchat #mnlead
- A Quick Guide To Twitter Hashtags For Professional Development: blog post
- How To Get More Out Of Your PLN Using Twitter: blog post
- Twitter Cheat Sheet for Educators: PDF document
- Infographic: 12 Types of Social Media Users
- Twitter Tips for Beginners: Everything I Wish I Knew About Twitter When I Started